# 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets
If you want to improve your English vocabulary, you need to learn 504 absolutely essential words that will help you communicate better in any situation. These words are not only useful for everyday conversations, but also for academic and professional purposes.
But how can you learn these words effectively and efficiently? One of the best ways is to use 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets. These worksheets are designed to help you practice and master the 504 absolutely essential words in a fun and interactive way.
## What are 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets?
504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets are printable documents that contain exercises and activities based on the 504 absolutely essential words. These words are divided into 42 lessons, each containing 12 new words.
The worksheets follow the same format as the book 504 Absolutely Essential Words by Murray Bromberg, Julius Liebb, and Arthur Traiger . The book is one of the most popular and effective vocabulary books for English learners of all levels.
Each worksheet contains three parts:
- The first part introduces the new words with sample sentences and definitions.
- The second part presents a short passage that uses the new words in context.
- The third part provides various exercises that test your understanding and application of the new words.
## Why Use 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets?
There are many benefits of using 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets for your vocabulary learning. Here are some of them:
- They are free and easy to access. You can download them from various websites and print them at your convenience.
- They are flexible and adaptable. You can use them at your own pace and level. You can also customize them according to your needs and preferences.
- They are engaging and interactive. You can practice the new words with different types of exercises, such as matching, filling in the blanks, multiple choice, crossword puzzles, word searches, etc.
- They are comprehensive and thorough. You can learn the new words from different angles, such as pronunciation, spelling, meaning, usage, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- They are effective and proven. You can improve your vocabulary by learning the most common and important words in English. You can also review and reinforce what you have learned with regular practice.
## How to Use 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets?
Using 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets is simple and straightforward. Here are some steps to follow:
- Choose a lesson that matches your level and goal. You can start from the beginning or skip to any lesson you want.
- Read the new words and their definitions carefully. Try to memorize them and use them in your own sentences.
- Read the passage and try to understand the main idea and details. Pay attention to how the new words are used in context.
- Do the exercises and check your answers. Try to correct your mistakes and learn from them.
- Repeat the process until you finish all 42 lessons.
504 absolutely essential words pdf free download worksheets
## Tips and Tricks for Using 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets
To make the most of 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets, here are some tips and tricks that you can follow:
- Review the previous lessons regularly. This will help you remember and consolidate the words that you have learned before.
- Use the new words in different contexts. This will help you expand your vocabulary and improve your fluency. You can write sentences, paragraphs, stories, or essays using the new words. You can also speak or record yourself using the new words.
- Test yourself periodically. This will help you measure your progress and identify your strengths and weaknesses. You can use online quizzes, flashcards, games, or apps to test your knowledge of the 504 absolutely essential words.
- Learn from others. This will help you learn from different sources and perspectives. You can read articles, books, blogs, or magazines that use the 504 absolutely essential words. You can also watch videos, podcasts, movies, or shows that use the 504 absolutely essential words.
- Have fun and enjoy. This will help you stay motivated and interested in learning new words. You can make learning a game or a challenge for yourself. You can also reward yourself for achieving your goals or milestones.
504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets are a great way to learn and practice 504 absolutely essential words that will boost your English vocabulary. They are free, flexible, engaging, comprehensive, and effective.
By using these worksheets regularly and following the tips and tricks above, you will be able to master the 504 absolutely essential words in no time. You will also be able to communicate better in any situation and achieve your personal and professional goals.
So what are you waiting for? Download 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets today and start learning!
## Examples of 504 Absolutely Essential Words PDF Free Download Worksheets
To give you an idea of what 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets look like, here are some examples of the worksheets for the first lesson. The first lesson covers the following words: abandon, keen, jealous, tact, oath, vacant, hardship, gallant, data, and unaccustomed.
### Part 1: New Words
- **abandon**: to give up completely; to desert
- The sailors had to abandon the sinking ship.
- The old house was abandoned years ago.
- Don't abandon hope; things will get better soon.
- **keen**: sharp; eager; intense; sensitive
- The hunter had a keen eye for spotting his prey.
- She was keen on learning how to play the piano.
- He felt a keen pain in his chest.
- **jealous**: wanting what someone else has
- He was jealous of his brother's success.
- She was jealous of her friend's new dress.
- Don't be jealous of other people's happiness.
- **tact**: skill in dealing with people in difficult situations
- He handled the situation with tact and diplomacy.
- She had no tact and offended everyone with her rude remarks.
- It takes tact to be a good leader.
- **oath**: a promise; a curse
- He took an oath to tell the truth in court.
- She swore an oath of loyalty to the king.
- He broke his oath and betrayed his country.
- **vacant**: empty; not filled
- The hotel had no vacant rooms left.
- He stared at her with a vacant expression on his face.
- The vacant lot was used as a playground by the children.
- **hardship**: suffering; difficulty
- They endured many hardships during their journey across the desert.
- He overcame his hardship and became a successful businessman.
- Poverty and hardship often go hand in hand.
- **gallant**: brave; noble; polite
- The gallant knight rescued the princess from the dragon.
- He made a gallant effort to save his friend's life.
- He was gallant and offered his seat to the elderly lady.
- **data**: facts; information
- The data showed that the company was losing money.
- She collected data for her research project.
- The data was stored in a computer file.
- **unaccustomed**: not used to something
- He was unaccustomed to the cold weather in Canada.
- She felt unaccustomed to wearing high heels.
- They were unaccustomed to working so hard.
### Part 2: Passage
Read this passage and try to understand how the new words are used.
> John had always been a keen student of history. He loved reading books and watching documentaries about different historical events and figures. He had a dream of becoming a historian and teaching at a university. However, he faced many hardships in pursuing his dream. His family was poor and could not afford to send him to college. He had to work at a factory to support himself and his parents. He also had to deal with his jealous cousin, who tried to sabotage his efforts and make him abandon his dream. John did not give up. He saved money and applied for scholarships. He also studied hard and took online courses. He showed great tact and patience in dealing with his cousin and other obstacles. He finally got accepted into a prestigious university with a full scholarship. He took an oath to himself that he would do his best and make his parents proud. On his first day at the university, he felt unaccustomed to the new environment. He saw many students who came from wealthy and privileged backgrounds. He felt out of place and nervous. He walked into his first class, which was about medieval history. The professor greeted him with a smile and asked him his name. John introduced himself and said that he was interested in medieval history. The professor nodded and said that he was glad to have him in the class. He said that he had seen John's application and was impressed by his data and essays. He said that John had a gallant spirit and a brilliant mind. He said that he hoped John would enjoy the class and learn a lot from it. John felt a surge of joy and gratitude. He thanked the professor and took a seat next to a friendly-looking girl. She smiled at him and said her name was Alice. She said that she was also interested in medieval history and that she had read some of John's essays online. She said that they were amazing and that she wanted to learn more from him. John smiled back and said that he was happy to meet her. He said that he wanted to learn more from her too. They started chatting about their favorite historical topics and soon became friends. John felt a warm feeling in his heart. He realized that he had found his place at the university. He looked around the classroom and saw many vacant seats. He wondered why there were so few students in such an interesting class. He decided that it did not matter. He knew that he had made the right choice in following his dream.
### Part 3: Exercises
Do these exercises and check your answers.
1) Match each word with its definition.
abandon A) facts; information
keen B) brave; noble; polite
jealous C) skill in dealing with people in difficult situations
tact D) wanting what someone else has
oath E) suffering; difficulty
vacant F) sharp; eager; intense; sensitive
hardship G) empty; not filled
gallant H) not used to something
data I) a promise; a curse
unaccustomed J) to give up completely; to desert
2) Fill in the blanks with the correct word.
a) She felt _________ when she saw her ex-boyfriend with another girl.
b) He had a _________ sense of smell and could detect any odor.
c) They had to _________ their car when it broke down on the highway.
d) The judge asked him to take an _________ before he testified.
e) The room was _________ so they decided to stay there for the night.
f) He faced many _________ when he tried to start his own business.
g) She admired his _________ manners and complimented him on them.
h) They analyzed the _________ from the survey and drew some conclusions.
i) He was _________ to spicy food and felt sick after eating it.
j) She handled the situation with _________ and avoided any conflict.
3) Choose the best word to complete each sentence.
a) She was very _________ on learning French so she practiced every day.
b) He broke his _________ and lied to his friends.
c) They were _________ to living in such a small apartment.
d) The store had many _________ shelves because they ran out of stock.
e) They endured many _________ during their trip across the desert.
504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets are a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their English vocabulary. They are based on the book 504 Absolutely Essential Words by Murray Bromberg, Julius Liebb, and Arthur Traiger, which is one of the best vocabulary books for English learners. The worksheets contain 42 lessons, each with 12 new words, a passage, and exercises. They are free, flexible, engaging, comprehensive, and effective. By using these worksheets regularly and following the tips and tricks above, you will be able to learn and master the 504 absolutely essential words in a short time. You will also be able to communicate better in any situation and achieve your personal and professional goals. So what are you waiting for? Download 504 absolutely essential words PDF free download worksheets today and start learning! d282676c82